Writing Tools for your Toolbox
No seriously, go right now and buy it. I don’t care if it’s 1:35 AM and you are in your underwear. Do it. Walmart is most definitely open.
Stephen talks about how important it is to have a writer’s toolbox and how to fill it up with the “tools” you need to help you become a better writer. I whole-hardheartedly agree. So I have made a quick list of things I consider important for your toolbox. I think every writer’s will be different, but these are the items that I have chosen for myself.
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass
- The Elements of Style by Strunk and White
- Spunk & Bite by Arthur Plotnik
- eReader (Kindle, Nook, etc.)